jeudi 23 janvier 2020

Variety: Quentin Tarantino Celebrates Art of Screenwriting at Final Draft Awards


Quentin Tarantino celebrated the art of screenwriting during his induction into the Final Draft Hall of Fame Tuesday night at the Paramount Theatre in Hollywood.
The clearly delighted Tarantino, who scored Oscar nominations for writing, directing and producing “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,” revealed filmmaker Walter Hill was his inspiration to become a screenwriter.
“Walter was one of my biggest heroes growing up,” he said. “I had only read two scripts and they were so effing dry. But when I read ‘Hard Times,’ it wasn’t just description. It wasn’t just a blue print for how to do the movie. I was supposed to make the movie in my mind. When the script was over and I put it down, I saw the movie.”
Tarantino went on to explain that he spent the next decade working on unfinished scripts, such as a knock-off of “Smokey and the Bandit” called “Captain Peachfuzz and the Anchovy Bandits” about a gang robbing pizza parlors.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire