dimanche 17 novembre 2019

Camerimage: Duo Awards


Camerimage, festival basé à Torun en Pologne et rendant hommage aux directeurs de la photographie, s'est tenu ce week-end. Si Joker a remporté le prix pour la meilleure photo de l'année (Lawrence Sher), Quentin Tarantino et Robert Richardson se sont vu remettre le Duo Awards pour leur collaboration de 6 films.

“This is one of the proudest awards I’ve ever won,” said Tarantino. “I just got married this last year, but before that I’ve been married to this man [gesturing to Richardson]. After we first started working together, he said, ‘How do you think it’s going?’ And I said, ‘Oh, I’m putting towels in my house that have your monogram and my monogram on it.”

“I mean this from the bottom of my black heart,” Tarantino said. “Working with Bob is literally one of the greatest joys of my life and he’s led my films to a visual sophistication that, back when I was working at the video store, I couldn’t even dream of achieving myself, but I could appreciate in others.”

“Quentin is the most brilliant director I’ve ever worked with,” said Richardson, who has worked with other notable auteurs like Martin Scorsese and Oliver Stone. “Last night I sat with him for an hour and he read something to me that he just wrote, and this morning as well. His brain is fucking on fire. We should all be so lucky as cinematographers to have a man this talented, and why we create as cinematographers is because of men and women like him, and we should be very much in praise. Quentin, I love you.”

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire